Enhance corrosion resistance with energy efficient coatings for light metal alloy components.
- Lighter components and reduced drag equate to a lower fuel burn per passenger, increasing range and reducing both emissions and fuel costs.
- Cirrus HYBRID™ coatings can protect lighter substrates such as aluminium, titanium and magnesium effectively creating a light component with a hard wearing finishing layer that is more resistant to thermal and mechanical cycling, heat and impact.
- Regulators are demanding reduced toxic materials under REACh requirements, increased recycling, and reduced energy in production.
- Cirrus DOPANT™ is a drop-in additive to the plating bath that enables a composite metal-ceramic matrix coating with enhanced functionality that:
- Unlocks a wider range of materials that can be deposited on wing and leading edge surfaces.
- Requires fewer coating steps with less energy input.
- Allows a nano-composite nickel or cobalt alloy coating to substitute for toxic electroplated hard chrome (EHC) with no loss in performance.