Substitute expensive inputs with sustainable, high performance, nano-composite coatings.
- Consumer demand is driving devices to be smaller, lighter and more robust. This means that components must become lighter, while simultaneously retaining or enhancing their performance properties.
- Components must be stable under thermal and mechanical cycling, aging, and humidity.
- Coated components must consistently reproduce the desired properties for a given device (total repeatability)
- Cirrus HYBRID™ coatings enable the replacement of standard materials with lighter substitutes, by adding a finishing layer that is more resistant to thermal and mechanical cycling, heat and wear.
- Cirrus DOPANT™ is a drop-in additive to the plating bath that enables a composite metal-ceramic matrix coating with enhanced functionality.
- Cirrus coatings provide increased conductivity to minimize resistance losses.
- Competition is leading to demand for reduced toxic materials, better recycling, reduced energy in production.
- Cirrus DOPANT™:
- Unlocks a wider range of materials that can be used.
- Requires fewer coating steps with less chemicals and energy input.
- Allows a nano-composite alloy coating to substitute for rare elements or materials that require a toxic production process – with no loss in performance.