Protect polymers and light weight substrates for engineering energy efficient vehicles.
- European emissions rules are redrawing the global automotive landscape. EU targets from 2020 call for a fleet average of 95 grams of CO2 per km by 2021 which is a 40% cut vs 2007 averages.
- Diesel vehicles are no longer a favoured alternative; new solutions are required.
- Cirrus coatings offer low drag solutions by using unique surface morphology that reduces skin friction in water and air.
- Cirrus coatings can interlock with a thermal barrier layer under a hard wearing surface.
- Cirrus coatings can protect light metals and polymers to offer significant weight reductions.
- Durable nano-composite coatings reduce wear leading to lower lifecycle emissions.
- Low drag coatings extend range and reduce pressure on battery capacity.